Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm Sick of Spring Training

Enough already. Move on to the games that count. This happens to me every year. I get all super excited when Spring Training starts, and not long after that, I just can't wait for the regular season to begin. I'm sick of talking myself into players who have good Spring Training numbers. I'm sick of reminding myself that Spring Training numbers don't mean dick when I see guys who aren't producing.

I just want to be able to come home from work and watch Timmy tear up the league when it actually counts. It's comforting, knowing there's a game just about every day. Of course, what I'm not looking forward to is having my demeanor directly tied to the result of these games that matter. It can't be healthy. But there's not a whole lot I can do about that, and with this team, there will end up being more good moods than bad. So if someone could please just let me borrow their time machine, I'd like to just jump ahead to April 6th if it's not too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment