Friday, April 15, 2011

Sharks crown the Kings in OT thriller





For those of you who don't know me, allow me to be honest. I am not a hockey guy at all. I love me some baseball, football and basketball, in that order and I rarely watch hockey. I do enjoy playoff hockey and I have thank my boys Dan and Chris for helping me get on the train.

I still don't completely understand the icing penalty, I don't know all the rules and I am not screaming at the screen the way I do during each and every MLB game. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying some serious, brutal hits and some great hockey. I found myself planted in front of the tube last night watching just about every moment of that game and it was incredible!! The hard hitting is what draws a lot of fans to hockey for the first time and I'm one of them. What I've latched onto more than recently id the skill, toughness and desire of these hockey players. I love the energy at the Tank and I definitely need to get down there for a playoff game, eh.




What blows my mind about hockey is that unlike the NBA, hockey games are played every other day. I have no idea how these guys beat the shite out of each other and turn around to do it all again with such a short break. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Friday and it looks like I will be planted in front of the tube tomorrow at 7 for game 2 in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment