Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The shot missed around the Bay



I wasn't able to watch the game last night, but I was following the score on my Android. 3-0 in the 1st period. That's when I realized that the Sharks were about to choke away yet another game to the Kings. I was almost certain that they would lay down and quit. I checked the score again about 45 minutes later and it was 4-1 LA. Sharks didn't roll over and die, they scored and I felt like I still felt like they would lose. When I got home I wasn't thinking much about the hockey game, primarily because I'm still not a real fan. I don't set my days and nights around hockey. Hell, I can't even find time to set my days and nights around my first love, baseball, let alone hockey eh. Because the A's don't have a dedicated channel for their games, I turned on one of the Comcast SportsNet Bay Area channels (does the name need to be that long people?) and I saw SJ 5 LA 5 late in the 3rd period. That's where I picked it up. I had no idea how the Sharks came back to tie this game, I had absolutely no clue that they were about to pull off the unthinkable and I thought for a moment. How many fans shut off the tube because they thought the game was over?

When the game headed to overtime, I was running out of gas. A long day behind me I just wanted San Jose to win this thing early in the OT period and send those of us watching to bed with a smile on our face. That's exactly when Setoguchi nailed the shot missed around the Bay. I wondered again, how many people missed that shot? How many people went to bed thinking the Sharks are down 2-1? How many people woke up this morning, turned on the TV and found out that they missed one of the most incredible come from behind victories in NHL history? I guess that just means that more folks like me who are new to the sport will be tuning in Thursday night to watch game 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment